Great uprade for all remapped VXRs. Perfect for fast road and track use, as fitted to our AIRTEC demo car.
AIRTEC has released their Astra VXR Intercooler with a great price, reasonably priced but high quality alternative from cheap nasty Ebay kits & more than capable of doing the same if not better job than more expensive intercooler kits, we take a huge amount of pride in making sure our kits are finished to an extremely high standard.
AIRTEC Front mount Intercooler kit Includes these parts & Features
- 1 x huge 60mm core Intercooler with flowed cast end tanks, this means less welding and a stronger intercooler
- High quality 4/5ply silicone hoses with alloy joiners & stainless jubilee clips
- Powder coated standard intercooler support brackets
- Retains original fog lights without any modification
- No cutting to bumper
- Fitting instructions and all required fixings
- Unbeatable value for money
- Proven powerincreases for fast road & track
- Available in Pro-Series Black finish
- AIRTEC 3 year unlimited mileage warranty
- Fitting will take 2-3 hours depending on mechanical skill
Test Results @ AmD Tuning, Essex Test vehicle fitted with remap, turbo back exhaust, uprated recirc valve, direct route air filter & AIRTEC intercooler.
- Run 1 – Intake temperature 144 degrees (charge air temp going into intercooler) & 26 degrees outlet temperature (charge air temp coming out of intercooler)
- Run 2– Intake temperature 146 degrees (charge air temp going into intercooler) & 28 degrees outlet temperature (charge air temp coming out of intercooler)
- Run 3 – Intake temperature 152 degrees (charge air temp going into intercooler) & 27 degrees outlet temperature (charge air temp coming out of intercooler)
Over the 3 test runs the AIRTEC intercooler cooled down the charged air temperature by an average of 122 degrees.